We use the Electronic Prescribing System for all prescriptions.
To order your repeat prescriptions online you will need to register for Patient Access. (If you already book your appointments online you may already be registered).
Registering is easy; all you need to do is to come into the Surgery with some photo identification.
The Receptionist will then provide you with some easy to follow instructions so that you can register for our electronic prescribing system.
This system is reliable, secure and confidential. Your prescription request is managed completely electronically so it cannot be lost and enables it to be tracked throughout the process.
The details of your request are available to your GP directly via the system and they will authorise your repeat prescription or ask you to come in for a medication review if appropriate.
Once your request is authorised it is sent directly to the pharmacist of your choice.
You can view the progress of the request on your Patient Access screen.
Please note this system can only be used to order repeat medication. We are unable to accept requests for any other medication in this way.
Repeat Prescription Guidelines
We aim to provide a quick and accurate service for repeat prescriptions through our Electronic Prescribing System as it enables us to track your prescription easily from the time you request it to the time it is delivered to the Pharmacy for you to collect.
Please note the following:
- You can request a prescription either by ordering it online, as detailed above, or you can put a request into the prescriptions box in the surgery waiting room.
- Telephone requests are not accepted.
- If you collect your signed prescriptions from the surgery, you need to allow 2 full working days (excluding weekends) before you come and collect it. Please ensure you request your medication in plenty of time if you are going to run out over a weekend.
- If you collect your prescription direct from the pharmacist you will need to allow 3 working days.
- Unless you are ordering online, remember to indicate your preferred collection point each time. This information will help us reduce the time and inconvenience spent searching for 'lost' prescriptions.
If you need to discuss your medication, please contact the surgery in the first instance.
IMPORTANT We can only accept repeat prescription requests for items:
- which have been previously agreed by the doctor to be suitable for repeat prescription ordering
- for which you have not yet used up all your quota of issues before the doctor needs to review your medication.
In these circumstances we are usually able to meet your request but sometimes there may be reasons why we cannot issue a repeat prescription for some or all of the items and we aim to always let you know if that is the case.